Have you ever shopped online? One of the best websites is Amazon which sells a huge variety of products. It is especially famous here in Kuwait for offering DVDs and books that are usually unavailable or too expensive in our local stores. However, if you’ve ever attempted to buy an electronic device or some clothing, you would have encountered one of their annoying error messages: Amazon does not ship these items outside the US.
Luckily Aramex has a service called, Shop&Ship which tackles this very problem. Basically, they will provide you with a US mailbox which automatically forwards anything you buy to your address in Kuwait within 4 to 5 days. All you have to do, is register a mailbox for a one-time fee of 10.750 KD and your shipments are charged on a per-kilo basis. The first kilogram will cost you 2.700 KD and any additional kilos add 1.750 KD.
What you can’t ship:
- Perfume, pressured cans, highly flammable materials.
- Liquids, drugs, food, jewelry, gold, fishing equipment, batteries, bottles, alcohol.
- Animals, plants (including flowers) or ammunition.
- DVDs that contain explicit material, violence, or are related to religion.
- Toshiba, Panasonic, Sony, and Compaq electronics are prohibited by their local authorized resellers.
If you shipment is has a volume greater than one cubic meter or weighs more than 30 kilos it will be caught by Kuwait’s customs and you’ll have to pay an additional 5% fee.
Note: You are also expected to pay for any junk mail that might accumulate in your mailbox. You can prevent receiving junk mail by paying an annual fee of 5 KD.
Aramex International Courier
Cement House Building
Shuhada Street, Al Sawaber
GF Operation & Mezzanine Floor
Telephone: (965) 446400